23.328.010 Chapter Purpose and Applicability.
A. Purpose. The purpose of this chapter is to:
1. Promote Housing Element goals to develop affordable housing for households with incomes below the median, as defined in this chapter, or, in the case of limited equity cooperatives, households with incomes below 120 percent of the median.
2. Require the inclusion of affordable dwelling units in specified proposed developments ("projects").
1. The following types of projects must comply with the inclusionary housing requirements of this chapter:
(a) Residential housing projects constructing five or more dwelling units.
(b) Residential housing projects constructing one to four new dwelling units when:
i. Such units are added to an existing one to four-unit property developed after August 14, 1986; and
ii. The resulting number of units totals five or more.
(c) Residential housing projects proposed on lots with a size and zoning designation that allows construction of five or more dwelling units.
2. This chapter does not apply to dormitories, fraternity and sorority houses, boarding houses, residential hotels, or live/work units.
3. Live/work units are subject to low income inclusionary provisions in Section 23.312 (Live/Work).
4. This chapter sets forth specific inclusionary housing requirements for the Avenues Plan Area, which prevails over any conflicting requirements set forth elsewhere. (Ord. 7787-NS § 2 (Exh. A), 2021)