- 19.12 Municipal Solar Utility Program
- 19.14 Small Residential Rooftop Solar Energy System Review Process
- 19.15 Expedited Electric Vehicle Charging Station Permitting
- 19.16 Repealed
- 19.20 Repealed
- 19.24 Repealed
- 19.28 Berkeley Building Code
- 19.29 Berkeley Residential Code
- 19.30 Berkeley Electrical Code
- 19.32 Berkeley Mechanical Code
- 19.34 Berkeley Plumbing Code
- 19.36 Berkeley Energy Code
- 19.37 Berkeley Green Code
- 19.38 Seismic Hazard Mitigation Program for Unreinforced Masonry Buildings
- 19.39 Potentially Hazardous Buildings Containing Soft, Weak, or Open Front Stories
- 19.40 Uniform Housing Code
- 19.44 Appeals
- 19.48 Berkeley Fire Code
- 19.50 Elevators--Buildings with Ten or More Units and Two or More Stories
- 19.60 Rental Units--Notice Required for Occupancy by Owner
- 19.62 Priority Permit Processing for Housing for Low and Moderate Income Persons
- 19.66 Waiver of Seismic Retrofitting Fees
- 19.72 Repealed
- 19.76 Moving Buildings
- 19.80 Minimum Security in the City of Berkeley
- 19.81 Building Emissions Saving
*The building code may be viewed in the office of the City Clerk.
For provisions authorizing the City Manager to ensure repayment of municipal rehabilitation loans, see Ch. 2.38 of this code.
The State Building Code as promulgated in Titles 24 and 25 of the California Administrative Code supersedes any provisions of the City of Berkeley Building Codes which are inconsistent. The State Building Code (Cal. Admin. Code, Title 24) includes portions of the following uniform and international codes adopted by the State: 2014 National Electrical Code, 2015 International Building Code, 2015 Uniform Mechanical Code, 2015 International Residential Code and 2015 Uniform Plumbing Code. The Code does not affect appeals procedures, fee schedules and other matters not covered by the State Building Code.
These subject matters are still governed by the applicable sections of the Berkeley Municipal Code.